We know these last few months have been difficult for everyone. We miss sharing the culture and landscapes of the Mayab with you. Our coops have implemented new measures to protect you, their partners and their community. We’re thrilled to announce that from Saturday September 12th we will be able to welcome you back to the following destinations: Yokdzonot, Kaua, Ek Balam, Tekit, San Felipe, Sinanché y X’Canché. In addition, from September 14th San Crisanto will be open for visits, as well as Río Lagartos from the 15th.
Here are the health and safety measures that we will be implementing when we reopen:
HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
- The use of a face mask is mandatory for the entire staff.
- The use of a face mask is mandatory for travelers in activities that involve constant contact with other people (community tours) and where social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Hand sanitizer is available for travelers and staff, especially when performing activities involving physical contact.
- The areas with the highest person flow are regularly disinfected.
- The equipment is disinfected between uses.
- Transport vehicles are regularly disinfected.
- The staff and travelers are encouraged to wash their hands whenever possible.
- Temperature controls are performed for travelers at the beginning of the trip or when entering a cooperative, as well as for staff at the beginning of their duties.
FLEXIBLE CHANGE POLICY
- For trips lasting up to 5 days or groups of up to 12 people, date changes are allowed without charge up to 2 days before the original travel date.
- For trips lasting more than 5 days or groups of more than 12 people, date changes are allowed without charge up to 5 days before the original travel date.
For cancellations and refunds, the following applies:
- In case of any cancellation made in writing by the client (tourists, institutions, travel agencies and tour operators) at least 2 days before the date of the trip, the total amount of the reservation will be reimbursed. For cancellations made less than 2 days in advance, a charge of 50% of the reservation amount will be applied.
We’d also like to tell you why you should #TravelCommunityBasedTourism and come to the Yucatan, especially in this post-pandemic era.
- Most communities are far away from large urban centres, so transmission of the virus is very low or virtually non-existent. Together with the health and safety measures of the cooperatives, the risk of transmission is further reduced.
- Our trips are private, that is, up to a maximum of 12 people per group.
- You will be able to visit large natural areas, connect with nature and without a large number of people around you.
- The activities and services are operated by the same local cooperatives. Thus, the income stays in the community and is distributed more equitably. This is especially important in these difficult times.
- You will be able to participate in activities, workshops, tours in different environments, outside of the everyday. Practice social distancing from the usual places!
Finally, be confident that even though we’re wearing a mask, we will continue to welcome you with the same enthusiasm and warmth as always. See you in the lands of the Mayab!